I recently wrote the article “Chrome 32 Broke the Internet” covering a set of bugs making Chrome unusable for many Windows 7 and 8 users. A fix for the issues mentioned is currently in Beta testing, but there is no stable release yet and the bug riddled release has not been reverted. I therefore thought it would be worthwhile providing step by step instructions on a workaround, as some users are still suffering.
Change Theme (Windows 7 Only)
- Click the “Start” button
- Type “Change the theme” and click the top result
- Click the “Windows 7 Basic” theme
Disable Visual Theme (Windows 7 and 8)
- Right click any Google Chrome shortcut and click properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab
- Check “Disable visual themes”
Both of these workarounds will solve the scrolling issues in Chrome 32.
Disclaimer: I have not personally tested the second workaround in Windows 8.